Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day 2 of a Guide to a better man

The goal of this blog is to retrain my brain. 

As a college student I took a course called "Sports Psychology".  It was a fantastic course that has helped me understand myself both as an athlete and a person.

One of the concepts that I will always remember from that class was the idea that you control your brain.  Sounds obvious huh?  Except it isn't so easy sometimes.  How many of us have been alone in a house at night and have your fears start playing tricks on you?  Perhaps you see a scary movie that triggers this.  Are you in control of your brain?  Well to some extent yes.  But it isn't always so easy to turn off thoughts of fear and uncertainty.  It takes training.  It is why I started this blog entitled Templar Man..

Now I am not an expert on the Knights Templar.  But what I know is fascinating.  Their accomplishments in battle and banking are legendary.  So I thought they would be a fitting model to identify with and give me a symbol of guidance to begin from.

They were Christian, true.  But I don't mean to make this blog overly preachy.  I have always believed that God gives you choices that you must follow, and helps those who help themselves. 

So here I am.. I want to make myself a better person.  Not a perfect person, but a better person.  So here is my goal. 

This blog is meant to give me strength, give me commitment towards that goal.  I need to retrain my mind.  I need to become the husband and father that I should be.  One that is committed to doing what is right for them. 

So... to begin,  I am going to log off this computer and go help around the house.... Tada...

Step 1

No comments:

Post a Comment